Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2020

The Kissing Tree


 Bestselling novelist Karen Witemeyer joins award-winning authors Regina Jennings, Amanda Dykes, and Nicole Deese for this Texas-sized romance novella collection. Each of the authors' unique voices is on display in stories where courting couples leave a permanent mark of their love by carving their initials into the same oak's bark.


In Regina Jennings' Broken Limbs, Mended Fences, a small-town teacher has her credentials questioned by a traveling salesman.

Karen Witemeyer's The Kissing Tree Inn tells the tale of an unlikely woman building a very unexpected lover's retreat.

From Roots to Sky by Amanda Dykes follows a young WWII naval airman who heads to Texas to meet the sister of a lost compatriot.

Heartwood by Nicole Deese is a modern-day romance where the aftermath of a giant storm brings changes for the owner of a historic inn.


My Rating: 5 Stars

Regina's story is funny and sweet. Bella and Adam were fun characters full of spunk and stubbornness. The bet between Adam and Bella’s father made for an interesting element as well. Cute romance and a good start to the collection of stories.

Karen’s story was charming as always. Her stories have a perfect blend of humor and romance and Barnabas and Phoebe’s story has both. It was an adorable story.

Amanda’s story was great, I love World War 2 stories and this one is set during it so that alone made me enjoy it...but Luke and Hannah made me love it even more. Restoring the house was a fun part of the story too.

I loved Nicole’s story! My favorite part was the letter written by someone affected by the Kissing Tree, it brought tears to my eyes. Abby and Griffin were fun characters and easy to root for them to find their happily ever after.

All in all, this is a superb collection from some of the best authors in Christian Fiction. I can’t even pick a favorite story because I loved each and every one of them. I highly recommend this collection.

I received this book from the author and wasn’t required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment