Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Monday, January 25, 2021

Marriage, Melodies, and Rewritten Conclusions





 

Kaylee McGrurd feels like life has left her behind. Her best friends have all moved out, married, or are in the process of matrimony. Meanwhile, she’s lost another job, and her daily diet consists of noodles that are better suited as packing material.


Then Kaylee’s ex, Gabe Sanders, enters the equation.

Gabe walked out on Kaylee without warning or explanation nine years earlier, but now he’s been brought back to the area for the unforeseen future. And he’s in need of new lead vocalist for his wedding band.

A dwindling account balance calls for desperate measures, and Kaylee reluctantly accepts Gabe’s offer. While the former couple works together in the midst of happy marriages and heartfelt melodies, secrets and the need for forgiveness highlight the strife between them…and the hope that maybe God’s rewriting the conclusion to their story.

My Rating: 5 Stars

This is my first book by V. Joy Palmer but it will not be my last! What a beautiful story of overcoming one's past. I loved all the references to pop culture stuff-that made the book super fun for me. Also there were a couple of scenes where I literally laughed until I couldn't breathe-chapter 13 was HILARIOUS! And don't even get me started on the ending...it was adorable. I will be reading the earlier books by Joy that feature some of the characters in this book super soon. This is a great book.

I received this book from the author and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.


Bio ~ V. Joy Palmer loves to write romantic and comedic stories that proclaim God’s deep love for us. She’s a member of American Christian Fiction Writers and an avid blogger. In her spare time, Joy loves to sing (especially Disney songs), drink large quantities of coffee, and take flowery photos for Bookstagram. When Joy isn’t fighting with fictional people, she’s hanging out with her husband and their adorable little girl. Connect with Joy via www.vjoypalmer.com!




No comments:

Post a Comment