Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A Dance In Donegal

To fulfill her mother's dying wish, Moira Doherty moves from Boston to the rolling green hills of 1921 Ireland to teach in a village school. She doesn't expect to fall in love--or to uncover a scandalous family reputation her mother left behind years ago.

My Rating: 2 Stars

I wanted to love this book. A historical set in Ireland?? What's not to love? Unfortunately for me the story fell flat. Moira wasn't my favorite as a leading lady, so there was a disconnect there for me. Then the absolute hatefulness of some of the characters turned me off as well as the twists the story took at the end. I loved the setting of Ireland and the characters of Peg, Bridge and Colm were my favorite elements of the story. While this wasn't my cup of tea overall, the teaser for the next book did peak my attention and I am definitely willing(and planning) to give it a try and see if that one clicks better for me. 

I received this book from the publisher and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment