Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Saturday, September 7, 2019

The Coffee Club Mysteries

Six Mysteries Are Brewing in Small-Town Kansas
The coffee shop on the corner of First and Main in Oak Grove, Kansas, seems to attract a series of mysterious events. Or perhaps it is the six women who frequent the shop for book club who are the magnets for trouble. . . .
 
Morgan Butler, owner of the Coffee Perk, finds a project worker hanged at her shop.
 
Evelyn Kliff discovers a church meal organizer dead.
 
Harper Daggett is being stalked for an antique jade owl she bought.
 
Baker Jeanine Gransbury’s charity event money goes missing.
 
Jo Anderson shares hazelnut coffee creamer, sending a man into anaphylaxis shock.
 
Penny Parson finds a gun in one of her beehives.
 
Join them as they unravel six unexplained events that have the potential to ruin business and spoil friendships if not handled with care.
My Rating: 4 Stars

Let me start by saying I love the premise of this book! Coffee, books and mysteries are three of my favorite things, so I HAD to read this collection. The stories are short and make for quick reads. The mysteries are good and most of the stories have a bit of romance too. There are two stories in the collection that are mainly mysteries with little/no romance. Those stories are: The Honey Hive Mystery” & “ Nuts For Coffee.” The last 2 stories in the collection were my personal favorites. ‘In Hot Water” was a fun mystery about who’s out to harm Harper after she buys something at an estate sale that someone else clearly wants by any means possible. I enjoyed the story and the developing romance between Harper and the handsome Deputy Davis. “Nutty As A Fruitcake” was my other favorite. It was written by one of my all-time favorite authors: Janice Thompson. I was thrilled to see a brand new story from her! The story was adorable with a budding romance and a missing charity donation all at Christmastime. It had Janice’s trademark humor and great characters. All in all this is an enjoyable collection of mystery stories. If you like cozy mysteries, check this collection of stories out. I received this book from NetGalley and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment