Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Something To Believe In (Katie Parker Productions)

Sometimes the hardest part of loving someone is knowing when to let go.

Katie Parker never dreamed she’d make it to college, but here she is, a freshman, ready to take on cafeteria food, quizzes, and pretending she’s read that ancient novel for English Lit. Already filled with angst over saying goodbye to her family, Katie is so not okay to learn an unexpected housing change lands her in the honors dorm. Especially when one of Katie’s nerdy new roommates decides to major in making Katie’s life completely miserable.

To escape the dorm room drama, Katie needs her boyfriend Tate more than ever. But when he gives all his attention to his fraternity, their relationship begins to quickly unravel. She wonders if they’re going to survive this first year of college. Or if she even wants them to.

As tragedy rocks her family, Katie finds herself drowning in grief and losing her grip on academic life. When ex-boyfriend, Charlie Benson, unexpectedly calls, Katie will cling to an old trusted friendship…that might become something more. Why does Charlie still get her like no one else? As Tate pushes her away, will Katie walk away from college and step back into the arms of the one who got away?

My Rating: 5 Stars

What a fantastic read. Sigh, I am sorry its over. This book had so much heart and humor in it. I have come to expect a certain level of humor in Jenny's books and this one has it in spades. There were times I laughed till my sides hurt(chapters 21 and 28, I am looking at you!) and many more humorous lines I loved as well. I enjoyed Katie's roommates in the story, they made for great secondary characters and I adored having more of Maxine, she is one of my all-time favorite characters, mainly because she is a hoot and a half. The drama of the story tugged at my heart, and made the book HARD to put down. This story was simply wonderful. If you like tons of humor or have read Katie's earlier adventures, then don't miss this one! It's a treasure! I will be purchasing a hard copy for my keeper shelf as soon as possible.

I received this book from the author and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my honest opinion. However I loved this early copy enough that I purchased my own copy as soon as it released. 

No comments:

Post a Comment