Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Stay With Me

Loving her is a risk he can't afford . . . and can't resist.

When acclaimed Bible study author Genevieve Woodward receives an anonymous letter referencing her parents' past, she returns to her hometown in the Blue Ridge Mountains to chase down her family's secret. However, it's Genevieve's own secret that catches up to her when Sam Turner, owner of a historic farm, uncovers the source of shame she's worked so hard to hide.

Sam has embraced his sorrow, his isolation, and his identity as an outsider. He's spent years carving out both career success and peace of mind. The last thing he wants is to rent the cottage on his property to a woman whose struggles stir his worst failure back to life. Yet can he bear to turn her away right when she needs him most?

My Rating: 5 Stars
This book floored me. It was quite simply amazing. Becky has truly outdone herself with this book. I am not sure I can put into words the pure beauty of this story. The characters of Genevieve and Sam were unlike any characters I have read before and they were wonderful and flawed and kept me immersed in this story along with the secondary characters. This whole story drew me in and I had trouble putting the book down at all. This book tugged all my heartstrings and that hasn't happened in a long time. Basically all there is to say is I loved everything about this book and it will go down as one of my top 2020 reads, no question. I am not sure how I will wait a year for the next book in the series...need it yesterday!!

I received this book from the author and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment