Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Monday, June 29, 2020

Stories That Bind Us


Betty Sweet is still recovering from the loss of her husband when she becomes the temporary guardian of a five-year-old nephew she never knew she had. As they struggle to move forward, they build a relationship upon the foundation of storytelling and its special kind of magic.

My Rating: 5 Stars
This was such a sweet story, with a lyrical voice to it. This was my first Susie read and I can guarantee it will not be my last. This story has a lot of things I loved about it, from the lyrical sense of the story, to the subtle wisdom peppered throughout to the Sweet family. I need more stories with this family! This was a quick read and it just has something that sets it apart from most of the books I read. I can't quite put my finger on it, whether it's Susie's storytelling style or the fact the story line offers a little "something different" or a combination of several factors. I just know I loved this story. Excited to read more of Susie's stories!

I received this book from the publisher and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment