Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Line By Line

Years of hard work enabled Douglas Shaw to escape a life of desperate poverty--and now he's determined to marry into high society to prevent reliving his old circumstances. But when Alice McNeil, an unconventional telegrapher at his firm, raises the ire of a vindictive co-worker, he must choose between rescuing her reputation and the future he's always planned.


My Rating: 5 Stars
Line By Line was truly a charming story. This is my first book by this author but it will not be my last. The book caught me early on and I loved every moment of it. The meet cute between Alice and Douglas was one of the best I have read. Alice's reactions during that scene were absolutely hysterical. Their developing relationship was entertaining and their friends helped to round out the story very well. The story didn't lag and kept me invested and the ending was perfect. I really really enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading Jennifer's earlier books as well as reading the upcoming books in this series. Jennifer Delamere has a new fan in me!

I received this book from the publisher and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment