Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Monday, February 25, 2019

Castle On The Rise (A Lost Castle Novel)

My Rating 3.75 Stars
This was a massive story in one book. Three different women, three different eras and rebellion on all fronts. This story packs a wallop, that’s for sure! I enjoyed the dual timelines, the location and the characters. What was hard for me was the grittiness and sadness during the two past timelines. That was hard to read and at least one of the plot points I didn’t care for in the earliest timeline. For me, this book ended up being a bit unexpected in the direction it took. This book isn’t a quick easy read, but for a trip to Ireland and an immersive reading experience, this book fits the bill in spades. I would give this somewhere between 3.5 and 4 stars. I am looking forward to the last book in this set this fall!!


I received this book on NetGalley and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment