Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Monday, September 10, 2018

As the Tide Comes In




My Rating: 4/4.5 Stars
This was a charming book. Even though the sad aspects were a little overwhelming at times, I enjoyed this story from start to finish. The "Mamas" characters reminded me a bit of "The Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood, with their wacky but intensely loyal decades old friendship. That was a favorite part of the book for me as that is one of my all-time favorite movies. I literally read this book in one evening without hardly putting it down, and that is rare for me to read a book like that. Great message  throughout the book and a good and believable ending that didn't feel rushed. The only reason I knocked it down to 4 stars (maybe a 4.5 honestly) was because the tragedies of the book made my heart hurt. All in all, a pretty great book that will likely make it on to my keeper shelf.

I was provided this book through NetGalley. I was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment