Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Monday, August 26, 2019

Deadly Intentions



Research scientist Caitlyn Lindsey is convinced that someone is taking out her team one by one. First, a friend and research partner was killed in a home invasion. Three months ago, her boss died in a suspicious car accident. Four days ago, another partner supposedly committed suicide. And now Caitlyn herself has miraculously survived a hit-and-run. Afraid for her life with nowhere to turn, she reaches out to one of the victim's husbands, Detective Josh Solomon.

Though initially skeptical about Caitlyn's theory, Josh soon realizes that the attack that took his wife's life was anything but random. Now the two of them must discover the truth about who is after Caitlyn's team--and what their end game is--before it's too late.



My Rating: 3 Stars
This book is pretty much a non-stop action ride full of twists, turns and surprises. It's an quick and easy read as I read it in less than a day. I enjoyed the characters of Caitlyn and Josh. They were easy to like and their banter gave a bit of levity to the mystery they are trying desperately to unravel. The book flowed well and quickly and was mostly easy to follow(I had a bit of trouble with the sciency parts but I understood enough to get the basic idea). I didn't like a couple of the plot twists which docked my rating a bit, but it's a good solid suspense read and I look forward to more from Lisa in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment