Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2019

Storm Rising

Once lost to history, the Book of the Wars has resurfaced, and its pages hold ancient secrets and dangers. Former Navy SEAL Leif Metcalfe has been tasked with capturing the ancient text, but a Bulgarian operative snatches it, determined to secure her freedom. When a series of strange storms erupt, they must form an alliance to thwart impending disaster.

My Rating: 3 Stars

Ronie Kendig has been an author I have wanted to try for a very long time. My hubby has enjoyed several books by her as well as a lot of my reader friends. So I was extremely excited to finally read one of her books! This book started off with a bang and didn't let up throughout. It is a thrill ride from start to finish! Ronie's writing style was good and I enjoyed the banter and lighter moments in the book. The book was a little heavy for my tastes and the body count got to me. That being said, I will continue in this series because I do want to know what happens next, and I intend to check out some of her earlier books-especially the A Breed Apart series which looks awesome!



I received this book from the publisher and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment