Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Monday, March 8, 2021

Abducted in Alaska & Flee The Darkness

Protecting a child…

could cost them their lives.

Saving a boy who has escaped his captors puts Canadian border patrol officer Hannah Morgan right into the path of a ruthless child-smuggling ring. Now with help from police constable Layke Jackson, she must keep the child safe. But can they rescue the other abducted children and bring down the gang…all while protecting a little boy and keeping themselves alive?

From Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense: Courage. Danger. Faith.

My Rating: 4 Stars


This is one of the most exciting LIS titles I have read in quite awhile. The story line pulled me in right away and I really liked Layke and Hannah and Gabe stole heart completely. The story moved really well and the ending had a few surprises. Fantastic read!

I received this book from the author and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.


Where do you run when there's nowhere to hide?

Melissa Langston flees Georgia to escape a relentless stalker, but soon anonymous notes and a menacing figure lurking in the shadows shatter the fragile sense of security she has found in her small Florida hometown. The only one who takes the danger seriously is the cop who broke her heart years ago. She doesn’t want his protection. He let her down at the time when she needed him most, and she doesn’t do second chances.

When Memphis Police Officer Chris Jamison returns to Florida to deal with his father’s sudden death, the last thing he wants is to reconnect with his first love. No way is he ready to jump back into the vicious cycle of trying and failing to meet her expectations. But how can he turn his back on a woman who needs his protection, especially one who still holds such a grip on his heart?
 



My Rating: 4 Stars

The Love Inspired version of this story was my first Carol Post book 8 years ago. I became a fan of Carol’s from that first story and that has not changed over the years. I really enjoyed rereading this story. It had been long enough I didn’t remember who the villain was, in fact I had the wrong suspect during the reread! I liked Melissa and Chris and rooting for them to overcome their history. The story is exciting and moved quickly. Carol’s books never disappoint!

I received this book from the author and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment