Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Unknown Threat

 

US Secret Service Special Agent Luke Powell is lucky to be alive. Three of his fellow agents have died in unusual circumstances in the past ten weeks. Luke is devastated by the loss of his friends and colleagues, and his inability to locate the killer feels like a personal failure. He's an expert at shielding others, but now the protectors are in need of protection.

FBI Special Agent Faith Malone is driven to succeed and confident in her ability to solve every case she's assigned. She's been put in charge of the investigation into the unprecedented attacks, and with Luke's life in danger, the stakes have never been higher. But it's hard to know how to fight back when you don't know who the enemy is.

As more agents are targeted, Luke and Faith will have to work together to bring a killer to justice and prevent any more names from joining their fallen brothers and sisters on the Secret Service Wall of Honor.


My Rating: 5 Stars(plus ALL the other stars!!)

Wowza! This book was fantastic! I have read and loved all of Lynn Blackburn's books to date. She is without a doubt my favorite Christian Fiction Suspense author. This book however was to put it simply, incredible. I loved the humor and the banter in the book especially between Luke and Faith. That was probably my favorite element of the book. Faith is awesome especially because she shares my love of Cherry Coke! That was a fun connection for me. And Luke....I think he is going to become a book boyfriend for me! He was definitely swoon worthy, all protective and superheroey. I really liked the rest of the new team in this series too and I look forward to getting to know all of them better in the coming books in the series. The mystery and plot of the book is so so good. It had me guessing and caring about these characters as they worked to solve the case. All in all, I absolutely loved this book and now I am sad because I have to wait months for book # 2 in the series. It can't come soon enough for me!!

I received this book from the publisher and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment