Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Friday, March 26, 2021

Dreams Rekindled

 


When a dashing newspaper man comes to Mesquite Springs, aspiring writer Dorothy Clark sees her dreams coming true--until a man arrives with altogether different plans for the town and its newspaper.

My Rating: 2 Stars

Not my favorite Amada Cabot story. I had been looking forward to this one after meeting Dorothy in the first book in the series. Unfortunately, this story for me fell flat. I liked Dorothy and Brandon and the adorable Nutmeg a lot. The characters were definitely my favorite part of the story. The story line was good for most of the book. Not my favorite but good for the most part. My main complaint and what lowered my enjoyment of the book overall was the ending. It just didn't hit right with me. I am still looking forward to seeing the ending of the series and will continue to read Amanda's books, as typically I enjoy her books. 


I received this book from the publisher and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment