Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Sunday, May 5, 2019

The Heart Of A King

My Rating: 4 Stars



I enjoyed this fictional account of Solomon and 4 of his wives. I haven’t read much if any Biblical fiction to date and this was a fantastic start to my introduction to this type of fiction. Jill weaves the story in an easy to read format and it was hard to put down when life intervened. Before reading this book, i had no idea that Solomon had that many wives and concubines! Definitely mind blowing. Getting to “know” Solomon and the wives featured in this book was interesting and eye opening to say the least. It definitely makes me want to go and read the actual Biblical account in Samuel and Kings. So I love the fact that it is increasing my wanting to read the Bible(which I struggle with if I am honest)! I am adding more of Jill’s books to my to read pile-especially “Redeeming Grace” which features Ruth. 

I received this book from the Author and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment