Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Friday, November 15, 2019

A Pursuit Of Home

When she learns the family she thought dead might be alive and in danger, Jess Beuchene knows her secrets can only stay buried for so long. Desperation brings her to Derek Thornbury, an expert in history and artifacts, to help her decipher the clues in an old family diary. Will their search to uncover the truth of the past lead to a future together?
My Rating: 5 Stars

We FINALLY have Jess's story!! Insert "squealing" here! I have been needing Jess's story for several books now and am so excited it's finally released! I could not put this one down. Derek is a perfect match for Jess in every sense of the word and I adored him and his growth in the book. Jess's backstory was one I wouldn't have thought up but it was perfect the way Kristi wrote it. We are reunited with several characters from the Hawthorne House set and that was a favorite part of the story for me. The humor I have come to expect from Kristi's books was there in spades and made the story even better for me. I know that I am gushing but Kristi has been a favorite author of mine since reading her first book(I have read them all) and she never disappoints. From great characters, tons of humor and a fantastic setting and time period, Kristi's books are always instant favorites for me and I devour them as soon as they are released. Her books are firmly on my keeper shelf!

I received this book from the publisher and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment