Don't Blink

A Bookish Blog

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

A Reluctant Bride (The Bride Ships #1)




My Rating: 4 Stars

This is a superbly crafted read! Jody has woven an immersive tale that does not let go until you finish the book and even then, it lingers. This story has a lot of heartbreak and tragedy given the time period and the harshness of poverty in London during that period but even then there is hope and love that shines through this book. This is definitely a "meatier" read, it's not a light fluffy story but it is a wonderful book. I really enjoyed traveling with Mercy and Joseph aboard The Tynemouth and their arrival in British Columbia and Vancouver Island. That was quite a voyage! I liked most of the characters in the novel, with the exception of Mr. Scott(he played his part well!). Jody wrote him to be the perfect villain/foil to Joseph and Mercy. Mr. Scott was horrid in his treatment of the women. I really wanted to smack sense in to him on more than one occasion!! All in all, this book was a wonderfully entertaining read and I an eagerly looking forward to the next in the series!

I received this book from the author and was not required to post a positive review. All thoughts are my own.

1 comment: